Saturday March, 2
(Arts & Crafts Workshops will run to 5:00pm)
Chinese American Museum
425 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Learn more on Facebook
Renowned for being a free annual festival in Los Angeles that offers the LARGEST variety of interactive arts, crafts and educational activities to mark the closing of Lunar New Year festivities, Lantern Festival 2013 will feature a colorful street fair that blends traditional and modern-day Chinese entertainment with a hands-on, educational twist!
Admission is FREE! Featured activities include:
* Lion dancing, martial arts, cultural dances, magic shows and much more!
Arts and Crafts Workshops
* Lantern-making, kite-making, dragon puppet-making, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese paper-cutting, face painting, origami, abacus-making, page coloring (based on Oliver Chin’s Year of the Snake book), and much more!
* Oliver Chin’s “Year of the Snake” (children’
s literature) Story Time and books for sale
* “Lucky Feast” exhibition of a traditional Chinese New Year dinner table
* Silver Dragon Stage Performance to close out the festival
* Lantern Festival t-shirts for sale
* Extended museum hours until 7 p.m.
Take the Metro Red or Gold Line to Union Station – exit towards Alameda Street. For more information, visit www.camla.org or call (213) 485-8567.